Samsung Galaxy S5 finally released on Friday, April 11, 2014. The latest Galaxy Family smartphone is wearables in 125 countries around the world as it battles squeezed profits and challenges to its top market position. This marks the largest launch of a Samsung smartphone ever – more than double that of the Galaxy S4, which initiated sales in 60 countries a year ago.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship has been one of the most anticipated products of the season, with a 5.1-inch fullHD Super AMOLED display, quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB of expandable storage, a 2,800mAh battery, running on Android 4.4 KitKat with Samsung’s custom TouchWiz overlay. Also introduced are a boatload of new features, including fingerprint scanner, heart rate sensor and S Health 3.0, and IP67 dust and water resistance.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Key Features
- Display: Brilliant 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLEDdisplay, wide viewing angles and Multi Window capability
- Memory: 2 GB RAM and 16 GBs internal storagewith microSD support up to 128GB
- Camera: 16 megapixel rear facing camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus for ultra-fast focus times to never miss a moment
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Processor: 2.5 GHz quad core
- Battery: 2,800 mAh
- Size: 72.5 x 142 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 145g
- Security: Built-in fingerprint sensor unlocks and locks to provide secure password protection
- S Health: Newly integrated platform lets you track nutrition, fitness and wellness, and includes the world’s first Heart Rate Sensor integrated into a smartphone. Go here to look the full specifications of the phone.
The Galaxy S5 rocks a gorgeous big screen, tonnes of battery life, a fingerprint scanner, and a dedicated heart rate monitor on the rear. The Galaxy S5 is available to buy starting today and of course with the Samsung’s new line of Gear wearables – the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and Gear Fit – which were introduced alongside the flagship at MWC back in February.
For some people who want to know the result by compring the phone with Galaxy S4, see here.